Xcel Polar tri-density, can't get it off, wrong size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I own an Xcel SCS Polar Tri-Density wetsuit. It keeps me nice and warm, but it has two problems that make me want to ditch it for something else: 1.) I feel like it is too tight around my neck area, and 2.) I can't get the hood/upper section up and over my head on my own, so I have to get the assistance of someone when I want to take it off (which I hate).

I am at a loss as to why i am having these issues. I have a size M, and according to their size charts, it is exactly the size I should be wearing. I am guessing I can do things to stretch out the neck area, but not being able to get out of it on my own is really not something I enjoy. I have tried different technics, but none have helped. Is this simply a problem some people (maybe just me? :) ) have with hooded fullsuits?

Does anyone know of a good, warm, hooded fullsuit that may be easier to get on and off?

I have one of these and previously had an old dacor semi-dry - they are just tough to get out of - I think this is typical of this design. I even need a hand to get out of my drysuit sometimes. Wetsuit slide helps a little. As far as being too tight around your neck, you might try stretching it a little by placing something (I have used a scuba tank to stretch a hood) in there for awhile.

Jackie

Are you wearing the hood properly? It's supposed to go around your chin covering it. not tucked under it.

Yeah, definitely wearing it correctly. It's just that I can't seem to be able to pull it away and up over my head. Just not enough 'give'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom