X-TEK Horseshoe Twin Wing diving experience especially regarding the inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
From my point of view the front inflator is not very comfortable. I looked for an alternative to the 90° bend but without success. I would assume that a 45° or straight bend is better.
I am diving the X TEK with two 12 litre tanks. I moved the bladder and tanks till i found a good balance for my 193 height.
The inflator is laying so close along my shoulder so that it stays up.

Is there anyone with the same experience and an idea for improvement ?

I have used the xtek for 4 years with single and doubles and have never noticed a problem or difficulty.

^180cm

1642602047226.png

Is this the wing you’re referencing?

I think you’re asking “is there an alternative way to route the inflator hose on the right side of this image so that it routes properly along the shoulder of my harness?”

If so, possibilities include:
-Different corrugated hose material (the Scubapro one is circular and stuff), so you could switch to one that is oval and flexible like the Dive Rite, Halcyon, etc
-rotating the elbow (90°) upward, so that the hose then bends up behind your trapezius and down your harness

Can you post a photo of your cylinders+plate+wing assembled, and then one with cylinders+plate+wing+regs assembled?

Unfortunately, Scubapro didn’t design the wing well, and most dual bladder wings and some single bladder wings suffer this problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom