Wynston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueMoon

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have any reviews of the Wynston. Looking for a classy restaruant to take the wife to in Cozumel, heard this might be a good one.
Thanks, Mark:thinkingo

We have been going to Cozumel for 15 years. Since we bought a condo there we average about 4 -5 trips a year. So we have seen many resturants over the years.

I have eaten at Wynstons several times and would rate the food as excellent and the view at night outstanding since it is 9 floors up. Another place you might consider is La Cocay. It has always been known as a very good up market resturant.

If I was taking someone out for a special occasion I would recommend Wynstons. Here is a link to Wynstons' menu. Also link to La Cocay.

The Wynston Restaurant Menu: Mediterranean-Asian Cuisine
Cozumel, Mexico - La Cocay - Mediterranean Cuisine
Cozumel Restaurants/Where To Eat / Restaurant Directory Page

If I can help you futher you can email me.

Morris
El Cantil

Mark:
Got back last night from first trip to Coz. Took everyones advice and didn't go AI so I could see what the food situation was. In a word-incredible. Went to Wynstons on Thursday night. The food was superb, and compared to NJ/NY prices down right inexpensive. If I had brought my wife, this is a place we would go for a special occasion. Spent some time talking with one of the main chefs who is from NYC and he also suggested LaCocay-which I didn't have a chance to try. The food at Chi's and also Guidos is worth mentioning. I would avoid the touristy places like Pepis, French Quarter and Carlos & Charlies. Good luck DD

This place you asked about sounds like a great place to try! I've not been to La Cocay either. I can however give a romantic night thumbs up to La Veranda. It's outside fountain/garden eating area was so relaxing. The service is top notch and the menu items have always been fantastic with each visit. I love the shrimp dish prepared tableside as well as dessert choices prepared tableside. Go right at twilight into evening and it seems magical as the lights set the atmosphere outside. It's all in what you think your wife will enjoy. AC or outside. Water view or fountain/garden. No matter where you choose you can make it the best night together on the island......Have fun and remember to report back.....

I would avoid the touristy places like Pepis, French Quarter and Carlos & Charlies. Good luck DD

I totally agree about Carlos n' Charlie's, but not about Pepe's. It's not any more "touristy" than Wynston's in the sense that they won't be hawking their Tshirts, playing loud Anglo rock music, or peer pressuring you to drink copious amounts of alcohol of unknown origin - that's C n' C's. You'll see mostly Norteamericanos in there, but I wouldn't throw a restaurant off my list just for that. It's very nice, definitely upscale, and the one time I ate there the food was excellent. There was a lot of stuff on the menu that's different from the "normal" Cozumel fare.

I think it's a tie between the Wynston and La Cocay (my two favorite upscale restaurants on the island). However, the last two times I ate at La Cocay it was so noisy in the enclosed (a/c) dining room we moved to outdoors once and endured in the second time (only because we were too far into the meal to move).

For a special evening with views, romantic atmosphere, beautiful room - go to Wynston's.

But try La Cocay.

See you on the boat.

d_aviddiver

Anyone have any reviews of the Wynston. Looking for a classy restaruant to take the wife to in Cozumel, heard this might be a good one.
Thanks, Mark:thinkingo

From the FWIW dept....

I've never been to Wynston's and only once to Pepe's. They are both fine restaurants, but very much like the cosmopolitan restaurants you can find in just about any city in the U.S. For a classy dining experience that still embodies the feel of being on Cozumel, I recommend La Veranda.

My vote for the most upscale dining in Cozumel are, in this order(sort of):

1. La Cocay - Excellent food, but as David said...not the quietest depending on who the other guests are
  2. Wynston's - a true fine dinig atmosphere with excellent food, service (and Chocolate Martini's) to go with it :)
  3. Guidos - Excellent food
  4. La Veranda - Excellent food and service with a very romantic atmosphere

For romantic atmosphere and the true feel of a fine dining restaurant...I would have to give Wynston's 1st place

Went to both in July.

Service at Wynston's was 5 star. Food about 4 1/2. View was spectacular. La Cocoay is my 2nd fav. rest EVER. It is the eqivalent IMO of Commander's Palace in NOLA at about 1/2 the price. Food was 5 star, service 4 1/2. My advice....go to BOTH!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom