Wyndham vs Las Anclas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sammyman

Registered
Reaction score
I was deciding between Las Anclas ($80/night highly rated on Tripadvisors) and Wyndham ($92 All inclusive). It seems like the extra $12 would be worth all the food I can gorge myself with. What is your opinion on either of these places? Are either ok for divers?

We are staying at the Wyndham (Aura) in October. You might want to check out Orbitz or Expedia on better pricing. We are staying 12 days and got a price for everything for $1500 total for 2 people. Break out the $900 for air, and the it's less than $30/night per person. We've read good and bad reviews on the Wyndham, but my parents stayed there this spring and said everything was great, and they travel 3-4 times a year and only stay at AI's.

We chose not to use the dive shop on site and go with Dive with Martin (they will pick us up at the pier at the hotel, but SDS charges you $3/day to do so), after the smug & rude email replies that came from Sand Dollar when asking questions.

The differance in price per night is 3-4 beers...

I think you've already discovered the difference between the two....Nobody has anything bad to say about Villas las Anclas. :thumb::thumb: If you want to just stick your nose in the trough and stuff yourself with what the Wyndham is offering that day, and the next and the next then go there. Or, you could take the $12 and go out and explore all the great variety of food, restaurants and experiences Cozumel has to offer. It's all in what you want to make of the SI time you're going to be spending there!

My Advice:

If you decide on Villas las Anclas be sure to rent a Car at least one day to check out some of the Southern Beaches. My family really enjoyed Punta Sur and there are some great spots to stop and eat while you explore.

If you decide on the Wyndham be sure to rent a car or taxi into San Miguel several times to try some of the fantastic restaurants.

Either way, I'll be jealous the enitre time you are there.

(((kevin)))

Back
Top Bottom