Wyndham (Reef Club) changes management

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loudives

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
As of Oct. 15th the Wyndham (Reef Club, Sabor) has changed managers again. According to 3 Club guest service people, on Tuesday the 14th the existing Manager and some of his Staff were let go. The 15th new managers took over and at least one of them was a manager prior to Wyndham. Their was no word if Wyndham is continuing to manage the property or not.

Hopefully the new management will bring back the service we had prior to the Wyndham takeover. The new manager is the same guy who improved the food, had the snack bar rebuilt, oversaw the Sabor construction, and generally was slowly improving all of the Resort. Wyndham has done nothing but cut staff, downgrade food and booze, and while making the resort look good cosmetically the mechanicals and service are terrible.

Lets all hope the resort goes back on the uphill course.

I have been under the impression that Wyndham had nothing to do with the actual running of the property but simply leased their name to them. I could most certainly be wrong, but from all the different things I have read on line that's the conclusion I made. Hopefully the entire resort, all sectors, can recover from the last few years of going downhill from it's original beginnings but I'm not holding my breath. I stayed at the Reef Club just after it opened, and at that time it was REALLY good, especially the food, but it's been going downhill ever since (my opinion).

My friend and I escaped to the Wyndham for a quick girls weekend in July. I must say that the hotel/food experience was almost a total disappointment. The room was OK, the service was Rude, Beverages were poor, the Food was ...well, I'm not sure if it was real food ??? Even the staff, those who were at least trying to make the best of it, admitted how unhappy they were. Fortunately we had GREAT diving !!! I do hope the entire complex is revamped. SS

Last edited:
I have been under the impression that Wyndham had nothing to do with the actual running of the property but simply leased their name to them. I could most certainly be wrong, but from all the different things I have read on line that's the conclusion I made. Hopefully the entire resort, all sectors, can recover from the last few years of going downhill from it's original beginnings but I'm not holding my breath. I stayed at the Reef Club just after it opened, and at that time it was REALLY good, especially the food, but it's been going downhill ever since (my opinion).

The Wyndham chain entered into a management deal with the owners. Wyndham brought in their own behind the scenes managers and had total managerial control. They kept some of the old Managers for a while then told them to either front for their managers or leave. Thats why we have seen many turnovers the last 2 years. The only place they did not have total control of day to day op is in the Club Membership but the buildings and all other aspect was theirs. I have emailed someone in the know yesterday, and there still has not been anything said if Wyndham will still be the management or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom