Wyndham question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hockeynut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
They let other dive operators pick up, don't they?

And this is the Reef Club, right?

They let other dive operators pick up, don't they?

And this is the Reef Club, right?

Yes the Wyndam is the Reef club

The pier however DOES NOT belong to the hotel. It is owned and operated by Sand Dollar Sports. Therefore, if you are not diving with Sand Dollar, your dive operator of choice will be charged a fee of $2 plus tax per person, per day. They send a bill at the end of the month to the operator...which is not unreasonable at all considering that SAnd Dollar paid for the rebuild of the pier and pays to maintain the facility.

The pier however DOES NOT belong to the hotel. It is owned and operated by Sand Dollar Sports. Therefore, if you are not diving with Sand Dollar, your dive operator of choice will be charged a fee of $2 plus tax per person, per day. They send a bill at the end of the month to the operator.

That stinks out loud! Sounds greedy too, but I guess if they re-built it they can do whatever they need to recoup costs. Are there other Coz dive piers that do this too without us divers knowing that we're hurting our dive op of choice at the end of each month???

Sorry to hijack the thread.

That stinks out loud! Sounds greedy too, but I guess if they re-built it they can do whatever they need to recoup costs. Are there other Coz dive piers that do this too without us divers knowing that we're hurting our dive op of choice at the end of each month???

Sorry to hijack the thread.

There's nothing greedy about it. Do you have any idea how much it costs to build a pier and maintain it? They got no support from the hotel to accommodate their guests, so I don't blame them a bit.

Operators who use the downtown pier pay a monthly fee as well as a per diver fee...but that's our choice and a service we offer because we work with and book our clients in several downtown hotels.

The pier however DOES NOT belong to the hotel. It is owned and operated by Sand Dollar Sports. Therefore, if you are not diving with Sand Dollar, your dive operator of choice will be charged a fee of $2 plus tax per person, per day. They send a bill at the end of the month to the operator...which is not unreasonable at all considering that SAnd Dollar paid for the rebuild of the pier and pays to maintain the facility.

Thanks,

out of curiosity, does anyone not pick up there because of the fee?

Thanks,

out of curiosity, does anyone not pick up there because of the fee?

I have no idea. Some ops may not even know about it if they don't regularly pick divers up there.

Some operators refuse to pick up from the pier, opting to have customers wade out from the beach where the wave runners are. Kind of a hard walk with the bottom uneven with large rocks and you carrying all your gear!

As always Christi has the right answer----CHECK WITH YOUR OPERATOR TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.

btw Reef Club is now Wyndam I was just there 2 weeks ago and they have improved the buffet greatly in quality of food.

Be back Nov. 9-14, Jan. 18-23, Feb 9-16, and March 29- April 2

Hi Lou, what does the caption in you shark photo say?
Where is it taken?
We are going to be at Reef Club Feb 23 - March 8, so we'll miss you.
Thank you for great info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom