www.leisurepro.com again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FijiBound

Registered
Reaction score
Am I getting this right, that leisurepro just offers a non-factory warranty, but the same equipment? Nothing used, defective, etc? The equipment is more or less the same as what I would get from the manufacturer itself, right? This is fine by me for my situation. I'm going to be in a remote village in Fiji with no electricity, running water, etc. My main concern is being stuck in timucktoo and having something malfunction. A warranty at that point doesn't matter too much.

Yes, you have it right.

...sounds like you're already in timbucktoo. :lol:

That's right, but once in a blue moon I see posts on SB that claim some of their reg components were not from the manufacturer (not sure if the person making that statement found that out himself or heard it from someone else). That said, if they have something a lot cheaper, I'd be very inclined to purchase from them. As for regs, another thing to check is that parts are avalable over there in Fiji (assuming you'll be there for > 1 year and need an annual overhaul).
Have a great trip to fiji.

Well, they're nitrox tanks, but they're stickerless. :)

Another in the "so I've heard" category - in theory if you buy stuff from a local shop they should actually put it together and check it out. If you buy over the net, some places they may actually do a better job of this than your local shop, while some places may simply pluck it off the shelf (where it could have been sitting a long time) and stick it on the UPS truck. Leisure Pro allegedly does the latter. Maybe this goes without saying, but in any event you probably don't want to order stuff and drop it in your luggage assuming all is well, without at least a dive to check things out or something.

RLarsen:
Better to purchase from Scuba Toys, they'll give you a Scuba Board member's discount. How are you going to get air fills in your remote village ?
Rex

LeisurePro:D

I'm kinda curious about that one myself.

SparticleBrane:
...sounds like you're already in timbucktoo. :lol:

You do know where Timbucktoo is, don't you??........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom