WW2 Wrecks! Info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hello there,

I wanna come to USA to photograph world war wrecks. Are there any good wrecks from the second world warin your area? Ill be really grateful if you guys could provide some info.

Thanks

yes there are some mostly older wrecks depends what you call good we think so other wise wouldnt be knowen as graveyard of the atlantic pm me with more what you looking for , see if i cant point you in right direction.

We have a lot of historic wrecks here. 2 u-boats that are diveable(u-352 & u-85) and one that is kinda not worth the trip(u-701) We have many freighters that were sunk here during the war ..the caribsea was sunk by u-158 and is in about 85fsw and is now known as the "shark dive"..close by is the Atlas Tanker which was sunk by the u-552 and is in similar depth...also a good dive. The Papoose, Proteous, Naeco, and others are also great dives...all in all we have about....um...well we have a bunch of wrecks :wink: Let me know if you have any more questios.

Caribsea and Atlas Tanker are cool wrecks man. I am not too comfortable with the great whites tho. What safety precautions can you take when you dive in shark waters? I dont wanna come out with one limb missing you know what I am saying?

The sharks here aren't great whites...lol. Just Atlantic Sand Tigers and they don't give you much of a second look :wink: As for aircraft wrecks, I have heard rumors of an F4U around one of the wrecks but can't find anyone that has actually seen it. If you somehow find out, let me know, I would love to see it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom