WTS/WTT: Dive Rite Trek Wing for Dive Rite Travel Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lfg

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a relatively new diver who just picked up a used Dive Rite Transpac with Trek Wing in very good shape (black nylon cover with red lettering). The previous owner purchased it in 2007(?) at Dive Rite in FL and used it for about 30 dives. She no longer dives. After doing a class in this wing and some pool time - I think I need a longer wing without so much lift at the head/shoulders area (i have a longer torso).

About the Trek Wing: Shorter in length, the Trek Wing is ideal for divers who require more lift at the head and less around the waist in order to achievehorizontal trim. It is also popular with divers who divide their time underwater between diving single tanks and lightweight double tanks. The Trek wing now has 47 pounds/21 kgs of lift and can accommodate up to 85 ft3/13 L twin back mount tanks and one 80 ft3/11 L stage tank. The Trek wing gets its increased lift from a side panel that now runs the length of the wing and over the top, which keeps this wing streamlined and small.

Tough, ballistic nylon outer bag protects the wing from tears and abrasion. The 15-mil urethane bladder is abrasion resistant, chemical resistant and resists the growth of microorganisms. Choice of 16-inch rapid exhaust (pull dump), 16-inch or 12-inch elbow, or Ritesource integrated octo corrugated hose along with 15-inch, 22-inch or 27-inch low pressure inflation hose. The Trek Wing is designed for use with the TransPac, TransPlate or any webbing-style harness. The product is made in the U.S.A.

I just recently sent the wing back to Dive Rite as the elbow/flange where the inflator hose attaches to the cover was separating. It has been repaired and as my other more experienced dive friends remarked - the wing looks like brand new.

This ad is for the WING ONLY and does not include the trans pac. I would really prefer to trade for a Travel Wing or something similar, but will consider an outright sale if there is a reasonable offer.

Please PM me with an offer or if you'd like to see photos (new still - not sure how to link things) - happy to pay for shipping on a trade both ways. Thanks for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom