WTS Attention Olympus C-5050 Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divr56

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:banghead: In my frustration to find a housing for my C-5050, I am considering having Ikelite produce a run of the discontinued C-5050 Housing. I have to order 15 to accomplish this. If you are interested in a new Ikelite Housing for your Olympus C-5050, please PM me for the details.

The housing should cost approx. $500. I think the original retail for the housing was $600. The pluses for the Ikelite housing over the Oly housing are:1. greater depth rating 2. Ikelite housing can be serviced, Oly housing is considered disposable or throw away, when small o-rings,etc. fail.

what about the lens port is it going to be similar to the oly one so that a UWL-100 lens can be attached. what about options for have a sync port put in the housing so that a sync cord can be used with the TTL covnerters?

I don't know the answer to your questions. I know the Inon lens are compatible. Perhaps a current owner of the Ikelite 6130.55 can chime in here. The purpose of my post is to see if there is sufficient demand to execute a special order of this housing. Let me know if you are interested, and I will add you to the list.

Scubatooth,

If you go to the Ikelite website and click on "housings/Digital cameras, then click on Olympus, there is a listing for the 6130.55 and a list of all of the features of the housing. This includes recommended strobes and lenses,etc.

Sounds good. As soon as I am close to 15 orders, I will contact you about a deposit.

Back
Top Bottom