WTB: Vyper Download Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAK52580

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am trying to buy a Suunto Vyper download kit, wireless or other, preferably with a USB connection for a decent price. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one? Please respond or PM me if you wish to remain anonymous.

MAK52580:
I am trying to buy a Suunto Vyper download kit, wireless or other, preferably with a USB connection for a decent price. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one? Please respond or PM me if you wish to remain anonymous.

Don't know if this is accurate, but I was told that you can only get a serial connection, USB is not available. You can get a serial to USB adapter if your computer doesn't have a serial port.

Yup, we got a serial for our Vyper...

yes mam, serial only,you get to buy an adapter. sorry, ken

Actually, Suunto did release a USB adapter a couple of months ago. DiveTank.net has them.

-Mark

maractwin:
Actually, Suunto did release a USB adapter a couple of months ago. DiveTank.net has them.

-Mark

Absolutley !! I got mine from Divetank. Catch is, with the USB, it only works on SDM v.2.x.x You may (or may not) like the new interface. I did manage to port my SDM1.6 logbook into v2.x.x without any problems, and got the interface running properly the first time.

A word of warning....DO NOT plug the Suunto USB cable into your PC until AFTER you have installed the Suunto USB drivers from the CD or from the Suunto website. You'll never get it working if you leap ahead and plug it in before loading the drivers (unless you're good at reconfiguring your USB settings on the PC).

Ciao,

Craig

Canadian Craigster:
A word of warning....DO NOT plug the Suunto USB cable into your PC until AFTER you have installed the Suunto USB drivers from the CD or from the Suunto website. You'll never get it working if you leap ahead and plug it in before loading the drivers (unless you're good at reconfiguring your USB settings on the PC).
Can only second this. Got an USB interface (surprisingly; I expected a serial one) and installed the software on all PC's we have (several times), each with a different windows version. Didn't work untill I downloaded all the newest versions of the SW and drivers from the Suunto site. It is working on XP and '98 now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom