WTB Rope Lanyard for U/W Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JerryR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Canon 350D with an Ikelite case and strobe and I am looking for a rope lanyard about 2 - 3 feet long with clips or eyes on each end to hook to the case. I have looked around, but can't find any. Any suggestions on where I might buy this?

thanks,

LUMB BROS Lanyards

have a look at these, they are not rope, but note the ends are metal (stainless steel or brass) not plastic which easily breaks and develops fractures which breaks underwater.

if you really want rope then why not make your own. a piece of 3 stranded rope and a metal carabina (or other preferred fastening - again stainless steel or brass) splice one end to the camera housing & the other to the clip. there are many books on splicing & knot tying if in doubt get back to me & i'll recommend one.

the other alternative is to find a chandlery and ask them to make one to your requirements

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom