Wanted WTB: InReach Mini or Nautilus Lifeline

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI , In case you are Costco member , i saw in the wharehouse Garmin InReach Mini 2 sold for $300 which is $100 less than retail price ($400). Not sure if it is still in stock.

You can get the Nautilus on Amazon for $200 - $210 with silicon case, some offerings even include a detachable lanyard.
I know because I had one on order for a Gulf trip, but shipping arrival changed at the last moment, and I was already going to be away, so I had to cancel it.

FYI , In case you are Costco member , i saw in the wharehouse Garmin InReach Mini 2 sold for $300 which is $100 less than retail price ($400). Not sure if it is still in stock.
Thanks, I'll go by my local costco and see. There were none on there site.

You can get the Nautilus on Amazon for $200 - $210 with silicon case, some offerings even include a detachable lanyard.
I know because I had one on order for a Gulf trip, but shipping arrival changed at the last moment, and I was already going to be away, so I had to cancel it.
Thanks, figured I would try used first just in case.

In the Everett, WA Costco today....

1sj9fal.jpg

n5P0jw1.jpg

Not sure....... I didn't buy one..... Just happened to see it took the pics... To be honest, I think the Nautilus Lifeline is the better option for divers. I just wish they still made the version with the VHF capabilities. Yeah, I know the line about it being illegal to use an unlicensed VHF in some countries and that's why they stopped making them......but that's just BS. I can go online or into into any West Marine and buy a handheld marine VHF any day of the week and then it is 100% my responsibility to use or not use it in unauthorized parts of the world.. No one told Standard Horizon or ICOM that had to stop making and selling handheld VHF's.

For example, when I take my boat up to British Columbia from Seattle for fishing/diving. I am technically not allowed to use my VHF without being licensed in Canada...... but I still keep mine on and monitor channel 16 in case someone in distress needs assistance. And....... if I had an emergency, I'd just use the VFH anyway and they can come and arrest me....... which I really doubt they would because I've found over the years that the folks to the north are all really great folks!

Back
Top Bottom