WTB: 26650 to 18650 adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't bring myself to wrap batteries in kindling.
Don't be fooled. PVC burns like a mofo. And... don't forget my nickel! :D :D :D

Obviously you've decided, but why not just get some 26650's? They tend to hold a lot more juice than 18650's. I sure wish my lights would accommodate the larger cells.

I do have some 26650's around here somewhere that I ordered by mistake, but I have nothing that will use them.

but why not just get some 26650's
Personally, I hate traveling with different sized batteries.

For my last trip I bought two of these:

51WcqxWernL._SL1000_.jpg

61aQqDLXK2L._SL1000_.jpg

They hold 4 18650s and can charge them (slow as molasses), but they show me the charge of each battery out in the field, protect them AND... I can charge/run other items off of it. Best of all, there were no questions getting on the plane either to or from Cozumel. I always carry a battery pack for my phone/IPad and this reduces what I have to bring with me. They were $22 each from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M7170PB/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I still bring a smart charger but I really, really like this.

Actually I have a fair number of 26650s. Find in experience both the 18s and 26s work real well for one dive, and both are usually not enough for two consecutive dives. Since I get one dive per battery regardless and the 18s are smaller....

Personally, I hate traveling with different sized batteries.

For my last trip I bought two of these:

They hold 4 18650s and can charge them (slow as molasses), but they show me the charge of each battery out in the field, protect them AND... I can charge/run other items off of it. Best of all, there were no questions getting on the plane either to or from Cozumel. I always carry a battery pack for my phone/IPad and this reduces what I have to bring with me. They were $22 each from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M7170PB/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I still bring a smart charger but I really, really like this.

Thanks for posting that. That kind of thing is a great idea! It will give me a good use for all my 18650 batteries that I don't really use anymore. Also, I found a similar one that is more compact and less expensive.

And I found another one that will take 2 26650 batteries to do the same thing. I have multiple of both 18650 and 26650, so that could also come in handy. Seems like a convenient travel case for the batteries, instead of carrying them in a separate case and then also carrying a charger.

Back
Top Bottom