Write Times E-PL2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cardog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm using a 8 gig San Disk Extreme III, SDHC card in my E-PL2. I'm shooting raw plus j peg and it seems like the camera is taking a really long time to store the image. It's usually about 5-7 seconds between shots and it was never that slow with my XZ-1. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it normal?

Check the "class" of the memory card. I use Kingston SDHC Class 10. Class 10 means that minimum data transfer rate is 10MB/sec. Read & Write speeds are typically better. The card manufacturer typically has data transfer/read/write speeds posted on the companies website. Kingston describes the class 10 as follows:

High-Speed Class Rating — Class 10: 10 MB/sec minimum data transfer rate

Performance — 100X = up to 15MB/sec write and 20MB/sec read.

You will see a small number with a circle around it - printed on the label of the card.

Also, I am not familiar with the camera you're referring to do you should check on the Specs on the data being written to the card to make sure your SDHC is sufficient.

What are the specs of your card and camera ?

Back
Top Bottom