Wristwatch Personal Dive comp. VS. Dive Comp.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are asking wrist mount vs console.. go for the wrist.. or do you mean small wrist computer that doubles as a watch out of the water vs regular size with only dive functions?

If you're looking for a watch-sized wrist mounted dive computer, check out the closeout prices on the Dive Rite NiTek Plus, at the shops that are sponsors here (like Scubatoys for example). Then compare the features for the $$$ with console mount computers.

Unless you're in the bifocal crowd (like I'm now in) . . . . the watch size computer displays aren't bifocal crowd friendly

I have used both and like the wrist mount much better. It is easier to monitor than the console for me. Be sure to get a Nitrox compatable computer because you will not have to upgrade when you decide to learn how to dive with Nitrox.

Good luck on your upcoming certification. Dive safe.

Question: Will a watch be able to tell me how much air I have left? Or do I still need the gauges?

i think after a while you will like the wrist mount a lot more than a console... its much easier to move your arm closer to your face to get a reading rather than trying to find where your console floated off to and then having to pull it up to you.... and... less drag to just have a little spg hanging by your side rather than a brick :D

Mthelming:
Question: Will a watch be able to tell me how much air I have left? Or do I still need the gauges?

some do... if that is what you want then you need to look for one that says air integrated.... this will replace the whole console if you want it to.. for recreational this is fine and is pretty cool for streamlining.. if you feel you would want to progress to some tech diving then i would stay away from air integrated

Mthelming:
What is wrong with Air intergrated for tech diving? Sorry Im new!

well in tech you have backups of just about everything... on an air integrated computer there is a transmitter that goes on the first stage that goes in the HP port and sends it to the wrist... if your batteries died in the middle of a dive... you would automatically have to abort because you wouldn't know your gas pressure... unless you had two. there is also the issue of the transmitter being a nob like object that protrudes from the first stage.. in an overhead environment im sure you can see the dangers of having something so important stick out :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom