Wrist strap/lanyard for Hero3+?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatever mount you decide on I HIGHLY suggest you consider some type of leash clipped to your BC. Wrist lanyards have a way of getting loose and coming off your wrist....a buddy lost a $500 setup last week because of a wrist lanyard. Also, if the GP is positively bouyant it is a really good idea to add some weight to make it at least slightly negative. That way if you do happen to drop it, it goes down where most people are looking, not floating to the surface where no one is watching....another problem my buddy learned about the hard way. Not to mention a floating anything is a PITA to deal with.

You can use the same lanyards for lights although i would remove the rubber portion since you would not want the lanyard floating into the GoPro's field of view should you decide to remove it from your wrist.

I recommend using a coil wether retractable or not and make sure to clip it on one of your bc d rings. That way if you have to let go of you camera it will be attached.

Back
Top Bottom