Wrist mounted gauge boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick_W

Reaction score
Ok, I searched and couldn't find anything so don't kill me if this has been asked before.

Here's the deal. I was recently given a bunch of gauges in two and three gauge consoles. Now, I don't use consols, but I do need the gauges. I've searched around looking for wrist boots for gauges and I've found some, but they're for computers and the only one I found that mentioned the size of the hole for gauge was 1.75", which isn't big enough.

I also found this Sherwood:

Sherwood-Wrist-Mount-Round-Computer-Boot.jpg

But I have no idea how big that hole is, I'm not sure that I really like it, and don't want to order stuff that isn't going to work.

So, does anyone know where I can find wrist mounted gauge boots that will accept a roughly 2" gauge? I just really don't want to get rid of these things if I can convert them easily to wrist mount.

I think I'm done babbling.

Thanks.

You might want to check out Deep Sea Supply http://www.deepseasupply.com
I've never used any of their stuff myself, but know a few people who like their wrist mounts. (I thought about it.)

Also have a vague memory that they might be advertisers on SB, from time to time.

Ok, I searched and couldn't find anything so don't kill me if this has been asked before.

Here's the deal. I was recently given a bunch of gauges in two and three gauge consoles. Now, I don't use consols, but I do need the gauges. I've searched around looking for wrist boots for gauges and I've found some, but they're for computers and the only one I found that mentioned the size of the hole for gauge was 1.75", which isn't big enough.

I also found this Sherwood:

Sherwood-Wrist-Mount-Round-Computer-Boot.jpg

But I have no idea how big that hole is, I'm not sure that I really like it, and don't want to order stuff that isn't going to work.

So, does anyone know where I can find wrist mounted gauge boots that will accept a roughly 2" gauge? I just really don't want to get rid of these things if I can convert them easily to wrist mount.

I think I'm done babbling.

Thanks.

I found something at Home Depot and Ace hardware in the plumbing section that comes in different sizes that works perfectly for my compass and hockey puck computer. Drill some holes and then
add some bungee. It is so inexpensive, that it is hillarious. I will post some pictures of them if interested.

I'd also like to see some photos. I've been frustrated with not being able to get a good bungie boot for my DiveRite Duo.

Make sure you post your findings, you just gave me an idea ! I have a console that I would like to remove my depth gauge from and wrist mount it so would be interested in finding out the availability of wrist mounted housings.

Great idea!
... looks like that's the end cap to a PVC water pipe

Dimensions? .. Materials? ..

I just cut up the wrist mount for my VEO200 and SK7 and coverted them to bungee mounts (in my gallery)

Thanks for the pics on the gauge mounts, just gave me an idea for a couple projects when I find the time to get to them. Bungied wrist mounts it will be. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom