Wrist Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jcsgt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay, I'm really not all too concerned about this, but to be honest, I'm bored to tears, today. So, I thought I would ask for opinions.

I was working out with "Sparring Bob", about three or four weeks ago (Bob is a very cool punching bag that looks and feels like a real live human). In the heat of battle, I accidentally punched Bob incorrectly and my wrist was in a bad position. It didn't hurt so much, at the time, but now it's giving me issues.

Symptoms:
-pain on inside top of wrist (feels like muscle pain, not bone)
-occasional tingling
-tendency for wrist and hand to fall asleep on me when I sleep on my stomach
-if I turn my wrist just right (especially when turning steering wheel), I get this lovely pain that radiates up into my elbow (this has nearly resulted in urinating on myself on a couple of occasions)

I have used Tiger Balm on it with absolutely no relief from pain. I'm not big into pills, etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Chantal

Sounds like you have damaged something that is pinching a nerve. Symptoms are carpel tunnel like. You can get the same effect using a hammer too much on a weekend project. Will probably pass, but if it doesn't get better in a few days I would see you local Dr.

Not a Dr. but have experienced the hammer thing, and all sorts of tendon wrist/elbow issues from repetitive stress as a musician.

I really do hope it's not carpal tunnel, since I have a horrible fear of surgery. Bad experience once.

Thanks, Darnold!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom