Wrist computers with stopwatch in dive mode!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BluEye Diver

Registered
Reaction score
Apparently this function is rare--which boggles my mind because any Divemaster or Instructor would have good use for it: A timer/stopwatch function WHILE YOU ARE IN DIVE MODE!

As I know, Suunto makes this possible in some of their models, but I am not keen on devices that won't allow me to service the battery myself.

Are there other wrist-style computers that make it possible to run a timer or countdown on the fly when you're already in dive mode?

Tips and leads appreciated :)

Apparently this function is rare--which boggles my mind because any Divemaster or Instructor would have good use for it: A timer/stopwatch function WHILE YOU ARE IN DIVE MODE!

As I know, Suunto makes this possible in some of their models, but I am not keen on devices that won't allow me to service the battery myself.

Are there other wrist-style computers that make it possible to run a timer or countdown on the fly when you're already in dive mode?

Tips and leads appreciated :)

The Kaon, Xeo and Lynx will allow you to use the stopwatch only while diving in gauge mode, not deco mode. The Xen is only a bottom timer and the stopwatch is always available. The Liquivision X1 will allow you to use the stopwatch while diving in any mode including deco mode.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

I'm not clear on why you need this. It has never occurred to me n a dive that this would be a useful tool.

I'm not clear on why you need this. It has never occurred to me n a dive that this would be a useful tool.

A few PADI OW exercises require time eg. freeflow reg, no mask breathing. AOW navigation requires a minute kick cycle. Most computers do not have a second counter. I wear a G-shock on my left and computer on right wrist. Sometimes even just padding a safety stop, I will use the stopwatch.

Which Suunto won't allow you to change the battery?

The Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC 2N has a stopwatch feature. It does not have a user replaceable battery, but it is rechargeable. A brilliant computer. Some of their newer models like the OSTC 3 may also have it, I am not sure.

Last edited:
A few PADI OW exercises require time eg. freeflow reg, no mask breathing. AOW navigation requires a minute kick cycle. Most computers do not have a second counter. I wear a G-shock on my left and computer on right wrist. Sometimes even just padding a safety stop, I will use the stopwatch.
How precise do you really think those need to be? I just glance at my watch, with no need to push any additional buttons.

Works well with Ratio Deco and having a computer running the background.
I did Ratio Deco for years with just a bottom timer that worked in whole minutes. I have also done the same working with V-Planner. Decompression profiles are not so precise tht you need to have things down to the second.

Because counting sucks.
What would you be counting?

I did Ratio Deco for years with just a bottom timer that worked in whole minutes. I have also done the same working with V-Planner. Decompression profiles are not so precise tht you need to have things down to the second.

No they aren't but it's a nice feature to be able to hit zero.

IIRC V-planner can also run in 30 second increments

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom