Wrist computer with WIRED air integration?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use my spg religiously because ive learned i cant depend on the wireless AI.

Then there's something wrong with either your computer or your transmitter. Replace them. I have hundreds of dives on my VT-3 and have never had it lose signal for more than a few seconds. It's a non-issue.

-Charles

Contacted Suunto, I am mailing it in for a warranty assessment. It's only 6 months old so I don't see an issue with it being replaced. I'll keep you all posted!

The VR3 used to do a hard wired wrist connection to get tank pressure. The add-on was discontinued years ago.....
And its brother (DG05) has been equipped with wireless AI

Alberto (aka eDiver)

---------- Post Merged at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Well, I have had more failures than success with my wireless model, currently working on a second warranty replacement in 6 months...... .
Maybe the industry should improve wireless AI :depressed:

There are very reliable communication systems (modulation / encoding / protocol ....) out there.

Is getting something like a suunto cobra and just clipping it off to a d-ring just too complex nowadays or something? What am I missing here?

Other than my slight aversion to Suunto? Nothing wrong with that at all. The only thing you missed was the original question...does anyone/did anyone make one. I'd like one for logging air consumption data nothing more. I just happen to really like having a wrist mounted computer. Unless some huge failure point comes up in the next month or two, I'm going to pick up the latest offering from Shearwater and just accept the fact that I cant log air consumption with the rest of my dive info.

Its ALMOST irritating how ideas on SB that go against the grain get met with so much opposition...but I enjoy a good argument so for me its all in good fun.

Maybe the industry should improve wireless AI :depressed:

There are very reliable communication systems (modulation / encoding / protocol ....) out there.

That's the goal of the Liquivision Lynx.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom