Wrist computer with WIRED air integration?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freeclimbmtb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Why not??

You have a wrist mounted computer for ease of viewing and manipulation...so why not have a quick disconnect wire run up your arm (or even under your exposure suit, wet no problem, dry more complicated, but its a wire not a hose...so you could put it through a hole and aquaseal the bajesus out of it) to another QD connection to a pressure transducer on your 1st stage. With no battery or transmitter circuitry to create the bulk, the transducer could be practically the size of a port plug. And with QD connections at both ends, you would have no issue with getting tied into your kit, and no problems with connectivity or syncing to someone elses frequency. If the Shearwater uses the fischer plug for its CC p02 monitoring, why not use something similar for monitoring tank pressure? Dont get me wrong, theres no substitute for an SPG, but why the craze for wireless everything. Its not like the transmitter bounces off a tower in case you get separated from your tank...in which case loss of signal is the worst of your worries.

I'm just thinking out loud here, bring on the heat!

Sounds like APITA..maybe just run your spg hose down your arm and duct tape it?

Could be, but I think it would be less prone to failure than a wireless connection. Im sure someone said the same thing when they introduced second stages...

And I dont think its any less ergonomic than a canister light or wired heated exposure protection...

Its not in the game plan. Its just a thought.

Theres no invention or progression without ideas.

---------- Post Merged at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Sounds like APITA..maybe just run your spg hose down your arm and duct tape it?

:D

Touche.

REbreathers work that way. You are plugged in and the cable is secured to your wrist. Nothing new just new for OC divers.....

Could be, but I think it would be less prone to failure than a wireless connection. Im sure someone said the same thing when they introduced second stages...

I have lost connection with my Galileo Sol for about 4 mins out of a total of hundreds of hours of operating time. Not enough outage time to require a glance at my back-up SPG. As the other poster said, a solution looking for a problem.

Well, I have had more failures than success with my wireless model, currently working on a second warranty replacement in 6 months. I use my spg religiously because ive learned i cant depend on the wireless AI. Again, just thinking. not planing on building one or anything like that.

---------- Post Merged at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:07 PM ----------

REbreathers work that way. You are plugged in and the cable is secured to your wrist. Nothing new just new for OC divers.....

Thats what got me thinking.

I wish I knew the manufacturer's name, but a friend has a booster that has a very small gas block attached which has high pressure hoses that are about 1/4" in diameter and are very similar in size and pliability to a fischer cable. I suppose you COULD do something like that...

But the question is, "why would you?"

Yes, there is no innovation or progress without ideas, but ideas for their own sake rarely result in innovation or progress... they just result in more ways not to do something.

I wish I knew the manufacturer's name, but a friend has a booster that has a very small gas block attached which has high pressure hoses that are about 1/4" in diameter and are very similar in size and pliability to a fischer cable. I suppose you COULD do something like that...

But the question is, "why would you?"

Yes, there is no innovation or progress without ideas, but ideas for their own sake rarely result in innovation or progress... they just result in more ways not to do something.

Well going to the moon didn't really solve anything. Except for a possible helium mine...a subject I know is near and dear to your heart.

The VR3 used to do a hard wired wrist connection to get tank pressure. The add-on was discontinued years ago.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom