Wrist Bioseals tear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stilldivin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought a neck Bioseal and it works great. I bought a set of wrist Bioseals and as soon as I tried to put one on it ripped. I don't have hardy any fingernails and I was careful when I tried to put it on, but it still tore down the side. The other one was fine. They are thinner than the neck seal and a bit flimsy. The dive shop I bought them from says the manufacturer will not warranty them because it's my fault they ripped. This of course really upset me. I'd not recommend these due to the poor customer support and how easy they are to damage. I'm not sure if they can be glued with neoprene glue. I suspect I'm out $79.00.

They claim they contacted the manufacturer and it was them who refused the warranty. I guess I'll need to research the company and call them directly. I'm in San Jose, the shop I bought them from is not local.

I was contacted by the on line dive shop i bought these seals from. Two of their people called the manufacturer and they are not budging on blaming me for tearing the wrist seal and they will not warranty it.
DON'T BUY ANY BIOSEALS FOR WRISTS! THEY ARE POORLY MADE, TEAR EASILY AND THERE IS NO SUPPORT FROM THE COMPANY.

What shop did you buy them from? Just because they sell them doesn't mean they are authorized retailers.
Here is the warranty support page for Apollo that makes the seals.
WARRANTY | Apollo USA Scuba
Mike (the owner) is a good guy and a friend.
Before you take the word of the "two people" who called (like that is supposed to be more impressive than one person calling) call Apollo yourself and tell them what happened and who you bought them from.
It is possible that you were sent old stock.

Back
Top Bottom