Wrinkles January '07 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venom:
Yes but, your not going to be making a 2 hour drive to get there.

Guess it will be a game day decision.

I'm making a two hour drive to get there...

It's supposed to be a high of 54 degrees and partly cloudy; winds 5-10 mph. So the ambient weather looks good for Saturday.

I guess the only variable is the surf....and hopefully it won't be too bad.. but either way, it will be a good time. Just keep your fingers crossed and make the drive. :crafty:

divinman:
I feel ya brother. There is a reason I am almost never at the LA events. :wink:

Terry

:laughing:

I will join you in spirit.... :clown:

going to have to go back through my pics from Sept....*deep sigh*

Ugh, I HATE writing this. Just sprung on me that I am taking new divers on a night dive Saturday night at Redondo as the final part of my DM training. I will miss you all greatly and shoot, would even drive the 2 plus hours just for the camraderie.

Dive safe you guys, and see you on the Peace, as well as the next Wrinkles!

Gonna miss you most Dr. Bill!

Tevis

I think of all these events as "rain or shine" events. After all, we're going for the purpose of getting wet.

From what I can see on weather.com it's going to be sunny tomorrow, so I don't think this will be an issue.

I'll be making my 2 and a half hour drive this afternoon. I'm hoping to be done working at around noon and then hit the road shortly thereafter.

Christian

johnnyseko:
I will join you in spirit.... :clown:

going to have to go back through my pics from Sept....*deep sigh*
Johnny,

We'll do some dives in honor of you and the rest of the visitors who have join us from around the world.

I understand that you've got some cool dives planned in 2007, so take a couple of dives in clear warm water for us too!

Christian

I just wanted to let everyone know that there are now 2 spots open for Sunday's Post Wrinkles Sunday Boat Dive for Sunday morning. We'll be back to the dock by about noon, so that you can get home at a decent hour.

The cold that's going around has opened up 2 spots.

It's 2 tanks in the morning and we're going to dive The El Rey and The Ruby E.

Here is the link to the thread with all the info:

http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=169084

It would be cool if some more of you could join us!

Christian

Well, I'm packed and ready to go.
Even picked myself up a new steel tank.

Looking forward to meeting some new freinds.
I'll be easy to pick out..I'm the ugly guy with the big nose, please say hello.

Watches and Warnings

San Diego Forecast
ORANGE COUNTY COASTAL AREAS-SAN DIEGO COUNTY COASTAL AREAS-1245 AM PST SAT JAN 13 2007....LOCALLY STRONG CURRENTS AND SEA LEVEL FLUCTUATIONS MAY AFFECT THE COAST OF EXTREME SOUTHWESTERN CALIFORNIA THIS MORNING...
THERE IS NO TSUNAMI WATCH...WARNING...OR ADVISORY IN EFFECT AT THIS TIME FOR THE EXTREME SOUTHWESTERN CALIFORNIA COAST.
HOWEVER... DANGEROUS CURRENTS AND SURGES ARE POSSIBLE THIS MORNING IN HARBORS AND BAYS. COASTAL RESIDENTS ARE ADVISED TO STAY OUT OF THE WATER...OFF THE BEACH...AND AWAY FROM HARBORS AND MARINAS. WAVE HEIGHTS AND CURRENTS ARE AMPLIFIED BY IRREGULAR SHORELINE AND ARE DIFFICULT TO PREDICT. THE THREAT IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN AROUND 530 AM PST SATURDAY JANUARY 13 2007 AND MAY CONTINUE FOR SEVERAL HOURS. THE INITIAL WAVE MAY NOT BE THE LARGEST. MARINERS IN WATER DEEPER THAN 600 FEET SHOULD NOT BE AFFECTED.

Dang! .. be careful out there guys ... think I'll give Rig a call shortly

Edit: OK, I find out that it is not as ominous as it sounds, pretty standard warning for a North Pac. storm and all that

Thanks DB.. Yeah. It's there standard doom and gloom statement. Are conditions going to be stellar today??? NO! Are they going to be DIVEALBE? Yeah. Is it going to fun seeing everyone again?? HELL YEAH!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom