Wreck trek

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a group of three divers that want to see the best wrecks that Florida has to offer. Who's is the best operator to put this trip together?

The best wrecks in Florida in my opinion are not commonly dived by any operations. You will have to charter boats and they are definitely technical dives. Most of the ones in the recreational range are sanitized.

The best wrecks in Florida in my opinion are not commonly dived by any operations. You will have to charter boats and they are definitely technical dives. Most of the ones in the recreational range are sanitized.

Which ones? Give me a few names and let us put a tech wreck trip.

The USS Ozark- 330' deep off of Destin would be on the top of my list. There are numerous deep wrecks in the Keys. The sanitized wrecks aren't really that appealing to me.

The USS Ozark- 330' deep off of Destin would be on the top of my list. There are numerous deep wrecks in the Keys. The sanitized wrecks aren't really that appealing to me.

Too deep. Anything in the 150' ish range?

Too deep. Anything in the 150' ish range?

The Hydro Atlantic off Jupiter. Jupiter Dive Center runs trips to it but mainly during the week right now. I think they told me that they are down 1 boat right now.

I don't know if any of these qualify as "the best", but there is a wide variety of wrecks off the east coast of southern florida serviced by dive ops out of Pompano, Boca Raton, etc. I know these folks dive several, including the Hydro Atlantic. I think the Hydro Atlantic is closer to Boca, much further south than Jupiter.

Dive Sites - South Florida Diving Headquarters

Last edited:
We were thinking Spiegel grove, Ben wood, Duane, Bibb, eagle, thunderbolt, adolphus busch, vandenberg, cayman salvager.

Best boat for that is the R/V Kate. It is currently tied to the dock in Key Largo. Might still be there tomorrow, might not. I used to run that as a "Tech Lite" liveaboard trip, and I will again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom