Wreck Reel - which is better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDiveGirl

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For use in NJ, which do you think is a better wreck reel:

Aqua Explorers (5" reel w/300' of 1/8" line)

or

Reef Scuba (5" Long Island Reel)

Its on someones Xmas list :wink:

I've had the 5" aqua for about 10 years, the only thing I've noticed is the blue anodizing comes off after a little while in salt water. evry one I've seen on the boat has almost all the blue color gone off of it. But its a bullit proof reel, and I've never had any problems with it jumping track and tangling.
I took some of the line off mine so its not quite as full. I still have about 260-275 feet on it. when your under water and the line is wet, it will never wrap as tight as when its dry on land, and 300 feet just makes it dry...

go with the aqua explorer reel, you won't be sorry.

This is another fine 5" reel

Doc Intrepid once bubbled...
I think its one of the better ones out there.

I think whoever owns the stocking its in won't be disappointed!

It will make the perfect stocking stuffer!

Thanks for all the help!!!

You MUST check out the reels that Manta makes:

www.mantaind.com

For wreck, especially the G5! I love all my Manta reels, but especially the G5.

theskull

Si Tech had an awesome prototype reel that I saw at Dema this year. Its line no other on the market. In talking with the owner of Si Tech Stig Insulan he told me it should be available within the year.

I am signed up to test dive it. don't know if it will happen but I have an in so I think it will.

I will let you know what I think of it once I dive it on some of the wrecks here in the Pacific Northwest.

Julie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom