Wreck Penetration Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a wreck penetration course, that does not need additional approval. Any good instructor will ALWAYS tailor the class to the needs/environment of the class. NAUI encourages that most strongly.

uh, wait, nevermind...

:wink:

TexasMike

It does sound like we are on the same path although I am a bit behind you.

Wreckwriter - Thanks for the info.

I'm looking into the mixed gases with TDI. I'll check out the GUE stuff on line and see where it is taught up here.

Thanks to both of you guys.

Ty

NSS-CDS cave training is a great cave training agency as well. They are a good organization and train great divers. Several of the cave instructors only teach cave in the winter and teach wreck and gas classes in the summer. Fred Berg immediately comes to mind. Someone like this would be able to tailor a class to your needs.

Cheers

I know I dumped on it before, but my instructor talked me into doing it with him when we were in NC and it wasn't bad actually. It just reinforces my opinion that it really boils down to the instructor and not the agency. My instructor teaches on the side and is a pretty hard-core tech diver (making a Doria run in a year or two). We did a lot of stuff that wasn't in the PADI manual that I felt was really good and I got a lot out of it....he cut my line on one penetration because I wasn't tying off enough...I learned pretty quickly after that. :D

O-ring

Congrats. I sounds like you learned alot. I finished my NAUI Wreck Penetration last weekend with a dive on the Chactow. She's a tug that had been sunk as part of a reef and there was a lot of places to go in and explore. You're right though, the instructor makes the difference.

Ty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom