Wreck off of Bright's Grove Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a.Meere.diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone,

Could someone please provide me with the name of the boat that is off of brights grove beach. I have forgotten what it is and am trying to find information on it. If you have the coordinates or any other info, I would appreciate that too.

If you go to the OUC web site and download google earth & wreck directory it will so the coordinates
Ontario Underwater Council

Unidentified Wreck
Build: Wooden Steamer
Depth: 40'
Length: 175'
Width: 32'
Launched: ?
Sunk: ?
Access: Boat
Level: Intermediate
Orientation: Upright
Originally discovered with a fishfinder by fisherman Ray Heeringa in the mid-1990's. It wasn't until the Fall of 2005 that it was dove by Chris Schmid, Bill Simpson, and Fred Felter.
The ship appears to be intentionally scuttled, as she was stripped and burned to the waterline prior to sinking.
these are the numbers for the wreck we found off of Bright's Grove: 43
06 370 82 16 964.

Thanks for the info. Made the dive today, great dive. Vis was 25-30 ft, 54F, 42ft, propeller is cool, biggest one I have seen:eyebrow: Fun dive, apparently there are usually some good sized fish there, but we did not see them today, no deck, an anchor lying near by and because it's not too deep, you can hang out for awhile.:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom