Wreck of the "Ranger" video - Port Townsend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Part: 1 of our recent club dive down to Port Townsend

[video=youtube;Fate9BbNQyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Fate9BbNQyU[/video]

I really enjoyed the video and the commentary.

HERE is some more information about this dive (which I have never done, and just got added to the to-do list).

Next time you are going to be down our way, let me know! I would love to drive up there and get to meet you. (Love diving PT anyway. The Point Hudson jetty is one of the best shore dives in the Sound, if you are a critter person.)

My buddies did that Sat. morning (they arrived Fri) but I missed it. One said he saw the biggest GPO he had ever see in the rock pile.

I would recommend P.T. to anyone for a weekend getaway/dive trip. Lot's to see and do in between dives.

Will do Lynne. I think we are planning to go back down to PT or Keystone soonish and of course, hit the Tacoma show in April.

Part: 1 of our recent club dive down to Port Townsend

[video=youtube;Fate9BbNQyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Fate9BbNQyU[/video]

Hi! I saw one of your club members at the dive shop the day that you dove the Ranger.He brought back a pair of yellow fins. Pretty clear images. You got lucky with the visibility. The water looks pretty blue did you use a red filter or you did some color correction in post production?

It sounds like you had a great time! Port Townsend is one of my favorite small towns in WA. In September there is a film festival and you can watch a free movie in one of the downtown streets sitting on straw bales while sipping a glass of beer or eat noodle soup (well if the weather cooperates). It is rather famous for its wooden boat festival but I bet that at that time it would be really hard to find a parking space in downtown near the Maritime Center.

Last edited:
No filters, just a GoPro mounted on a UK light cannon with a home made diffuser.

When we were there it was some sort of beerfest. Not my thing but the yahoo'rs seemed to be having fun. Another funny thing is that half the town seems to be living on boats so it makes for a lot of characters walking around town.

No filters, just a GoPro mounted on a UK light cannon with a home made diffuser.

When we were there it was some sort of beerfest. Not my thing but the yahoo'rs seemed to be having fun. Another funny thing is that half the town seems to be living on boats so it makes for a lot of characters walking around town.

Beerfest? Uh! I thought you were there on Sunday January 27th...

No buddy - that's me. I got the idea of insinuating myself into my own videos from looking at too many swankenstein dive reports. Blame him.

I often channel JYC when editing to get that authentic aquanaut feel :)

Part:2 Fort Worden

[video=youtube;G_t_eduPzOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_t_eduPzOQ&list=UU5zvhnU0XYpf_cadpYJYkhQ& index=1[/video]

Back
Top Bottom