Wreck in CT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcosdutra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I live in Clinton Ct, and would like to know if there are many wreck near here?

I bought a boat, and I want to enjoy diving around here

Do not know where Clinton is..There are wrecks all over the sound. Tug boat and barge connected to it off of Stamford -celtic wreck and the Condor wreck is not very far from that. Gwendolyn Steers on the LI side.
Though with what appears to be very limited experience on your profile I would suggest diving on a charter to gain experience. You would need to own a gps/bottom machine to locate most of the wrecks here.

You could try this site: Hunting New England Shipwrecks Disclaimer! I don't know how accurate or up to date the info contained here is. I found it searching one day and filed it away for future use.

There is a thread within the last couple weeks talking about stuff around fishers island. Then there is the sub off block island. The stuff inside the sound has bad viz and has been "parted out" in my opinion.

I don't know of any wrecks just off the coast in the area of Clinton. Depending on the size of your boat your could reach the SS Volund and the Olinda off Fishers Island 25-30 miles. The Volund is a rough dive right in the middle of the Race. The Olinda is a nice shallow wreck site in a usually good vis area. If you can tralier your boat you may have more options.

I can not copy the link here but if you google, noaa chart viewer, you can find shallow water wrecks on line or just buy a chart for the area you want to search.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom