Wreck Fest 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peppler007

Registered
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has heard about or was planning on attending Wreck Fest 2009in Key Largo? It is being promoted by Silent World Dive Center and Richie Kohler. I read about it this morning and it seemed like it would be a pretty good experience. I was just looking for feedback or to know if anyone else was interested in going.

Also, just wanted to know if anyone wanted to dive May 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the OBX? I live in Kitty Hawk and would like to get a crew together to dive the Advance or the U85.

Take care and safe diving

This is the third year that Silent World has put on Wreckfest but this will be the first year I (and a few other friends) attend. Althoiugh I have not been, I have heard good reports from others who have attended. Also, we have dove with Silent World and like their operation.

Go to Dive with Silent World voted #1 dive shop in Florida Click on tech and then wreckfest 2009, and you can get some preliminary information. They have posted pricing but have not yet posted the dive or event schedule.

Hope to see you there.

What boat were you planning on going out on in may? Any Idea how much$$$

yeah I know Bill-great guy. I did not know he was going-Is Pat Murphy going with him? Ill be home nxt weekend and hook up with Bill.

Thanks for the info Ill check it and keep you all up to speed on whether or not Il be attending

I was curious if anyone has heard about or was planning on attending Wreck Fest 2009in Key Largo? It is being promoted by Silent World Dive Center and Richie Kohler. I read about it this morning and it seemed like it would be a pretty good experience. I was just looking for feedback or to know if anyone else was interested in going.

Also, just wanted to know if anyone wanted to dive May 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the OBX? I live in Kitty Hawk and would like to get a crew together to dive the Advance or the U85.

Take care and safe diving

Hi,

Yes, Wreckfest will be in its third year this year! So popular, some of the other shops have started copying us LOL!

We try to make it something for everyone - from recreational divers interested in Wrecks, right through to technical CCR instructor trainers who want to dive some deeper stuff, play around and have fun. In the evenings we put together presentations, last year we had Jarrod jablonski from GUE/WKPP/Halcyon, Tom Mount from IANTD and of course Richie, who did one on the Britannic and one on the U-Who.

I have 2 boats - 1 will do Spiegel/Duane/Bibb and the other will do deeper stuff from 150' to around 300' You can do rec or tec on any of the spiegel, duane or bibb trips.

...and its regular trip price. $80 for one, $70 per trip if you book 3 or 4, or $60 if you book 5 trips.

Hope to see you there! PM me if you have any questions

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom