Wreck diving Sri Lanka. Where to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a diver, I reserve my good $$$ for gear and helium! That said, there's always AirBnb for people like me, and there still are reasonable options in Mount Lavinia.

I was hoping to spend a few days somewhere green and less-urban, but I dread pre-arranging my days in advance and then discovering that the dives I want are only available on the very days I'm staying elsewhere. That makes staying in Mt.Lavinia safer, though not sure how much I'd be losing in nature terms compared to Hikkaduwa.

Any idea how much effect the new year celebrations have on the diving? Presumably Dec 31 and Jan 1 will have the shops celebrating, but I wonder if the rest of the days are affected, or if it's business as usual. It could be a good plan to start in Hikkaduwa and spend the rest of the time in Mt.Lavinia. Or is diving in Colombo diverse enough (divesrilanka.com suggests so) that there's no point in splitting the two weeks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom