wreck diving in Puget Sound?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boydski:
I think the best wreck dive in the area is the Diamond Knot, just off of Salt Creek (West of Port Angeles) in the Straights of Juan de Fuca.

Another good wreck dive that's a little less challenging is the Possesion Point Ferry wreck, which is just off the South end of Whidbey Island. Several of our local charter operators dive both sites.

Diamond Knot

Possesion Point Ferry

If you do the Possession Point ferry, you should for your first dive go just around the corner and dive the Pinnicles. It will be a deeper dive with the bottom somewhere around 200 fsw. You can anchor in about 20' of sandy bottom close to shore. Be aware of the current though. You will want to do this one on either slack or a low exchange if you aren't doing live boat.

The ferry is a fun dive. Lots of life. When Uncle Pug and I were there this summer we found a beautiful GPO out in the open. Some monster lings as well.

If you are getting bored with your diving and can get the boat up to Everett you should spend a bunch of time on diving off the south end of Hat Island. I've got about a dozen dives there in the past few months and each one has been terrific. It' a whole bunch of artificial reefs (each with a ton of life,) made on a flat muddy bottom over a large area. Only about 50' for your max depth, but there is so much to look at and explore. I think I have seen at least one GPO on every dive. Until today I had not dove the same site twice. We did it because we found a huge GPO. PM uncle pug. I think he has over 1,000 dives there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom