Wreck Diving in Ormoc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
I am still checking out my options for my next trip to the Philippines. Are there any dive shops in Ormoc that could help us out getting to the wrecks in Ormoc Bay. There are suppose to be quite a few wrecks in the 70-250 meter range.

andibk
Bruce

bruce,
that shop cedric used when he went to the yamashiro should be able to help you out. I think he wrote the shop name and the guy who runs it in that article about the dive.

I was on that trip for the Yamashiro, we had used Robs boat for the dives. I contacted him but Rob works a full time job and is not set up to do commercial trips at this time.

andibk
Bruce

You guys dove the Yamashiro?

This was a 9 month project from start to the finish that we did a couple years ago. Three of us went to Leyte plus support divers to dive the Yamashiro. We were the first team to be able to put a diver on the wreck. If you do a search on Google you will find some articles on the trip. I also just received a movie that was made about the Yamashiro and the dive that was shown in the U.S and Russia.

andibk
Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom