Wreck diving gloves recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Interesting how pretty much all the posts didn't mention "dive gloves" - most were home improvement type or spearfishing.

We do have ACE hardware here in Jordan as well as local hardware stores that are very well equipped and do carry some of the major brands - I'll try my luck there first and see how that works out. Will keep the other spearfishing/kevlar ones in mind as well.

cheers - much appreciated.

Another vote for the Hammerhead spearfishing gloves. I used them on a recent trip to Palau, and planning to use for an advanced wreck class I'm taking this coming weekend. They're made out of dyneema, which is amazing stuff. I would guess any dyneema glove with a coated palm would be fine, and you can get them from most industrial supply places these days

I like Grease Monkey Gorilla Grip gloves. 5 pair for $10 in the US. Basic abrasion and fire coral protection. They look a lot like the 3M gloves, and probably perform the same.

Of course, you can spend a lot more on some fancy kevlar plated nylon lined copper weaved pain reducing superconducting hafnium dioxide coated wonder glove.. but why? Guarantee you'll lose one on your first trip... then what?

Of course, you can spend a lot more on some fancy kevlar plated nylon lined copper weaved pain reducing superconducting hafnium dioxide coated wonder glove.. but why?

I tried all sorts of special diving gloves over the years...kevlar etc etc... they all failed at the finger seams... which got a abraded very quickly and would split apart.

660-02.jpg

I either use the Blue Hawk gloves from Lowe's ($5 for 3 pack) or Deep See 2mm tropic glove.

Those are useless for wreck diving. Great for drysuits and washing dishes.

You can tie (and feel) knots, even use your smartphone, while wearing the 3m type gloves. Dexterity is the obvious benefit.

You can tie (and feel) knots, even use your smartphone, while wearing the 3m type gloves. Dexterity is the obvious benefit.

On average, how many dives can you get out of them before you replace the 3M gloves ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom