Wreck Dive in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The base of the wreck's hull sat at about 75-80', sloping up from the back of the boat. We descended at the front of the boat (sorry, my nautical terminology is non-existent), hung around the side, some went to the bottom on the side (I think there was a lobster) and then we proceeded to the propeller. From there, if I remember correctly, you go to the deck, down into the wreck, do that deck, up the ladder (you see in the video) then do a second deck and then out onto the back of the boat, which is OW.

Lights were not required, although most had them - except me. :) I just stayed between two divers who had them. There were times, noted in the video, in which you were in a small passage between holds/rooms and they were dark but only momentarily. Most of the time I didn't feel like lights were necessary. And you can tell that from the video - it was shot with my Canon A710 IS camera - no lights. All ambient lighting.

As for the timing - My dive was 49 minutes. Less 8 minutes safety stop - 41 minutes. Less 1 - 2 minutes descending. 39 minutes. Less 5 minutes outside the ship before entering. 34 minutes. Less about 10-15 minutes outside of the wreck after the inner-tour. I would estimate 10-15 minutes inside the wreck since I didn't video the entire time and the video itself is about 7 minutes and 10 seconds I believe.

It was a great dive.

nice video there...brought back fond memories

Great video Sarah. I loved diving on that wreck, though I think the vis when I was there in March wasn't quite as good as what it looks like you got. Nice!

Awesome, it brought back fond memories for me too! I dove it a few times. One time to look for a buddies lost camera. It's a very friendly wreck to dive and penetrate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom