WPB Rpt Jul 20 - Small report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
"Small" report today.
84°, 30' viz, 3knots, 12LF.
Next week I promise a " MINI " report,,,, but it's going to be HUGE !!

20220720_125428.jpg

Do you filet them up and eat them? Any quick filet tips or tasty recipes?
I read its a fatty fish, imaging a halibut?

Do you filet them up and eat them?
Yes, they are really good. But I don't take the time to fillet anything smaller than the length from my pinky finger tip to my thumb tip (Yes, readers just looked at their hand, lol!)

Any quick filet tips or tasty recipes?
Best fillet tip I can offer to make it quicker is ...Don't use your knife to remove the skin. It takes too long and cuts additional meat off. Instead after you score the spine and bottom of the fillet section, use your fingers to grab the corner of the skin and peel it off rather than cut it off. Much faster and more meat.

I read its a fatty fish, imaging a halibut?
It's not fatty at all. It's a very firm, all white meat. My 2 favorites are grilled fish tacos and garden fresh Ceviche with chips. Both are so easy to make in minutes.

Our local seafood shops that sell lionfish are charging $18 per pound!!! That's more expensive than grouper and red snapper filets in the same counter.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom