WOW, my pics realy sucked!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just got home and was looking at a bunch of UW pics I took when I first got my camera a couple of years ago. I have to say I sucked very much badly. I look at the pics I take now compaired to then and clearly I have learned a thing or two. I still take a lot of bad ones but not like I used to. Now I have green water with most of the fish in it, not just green water where the fish used to be.
I have learned so much from this board, I just wanted to thank everyone who has offered tips and advice on how to improve my total lack of photographic skill.

You are by no means alone. As much as I've improved, every time a parameter changes-flash, strobe, visibility, depth I feel stupid again. If I keep one out of three I feel pretty good about myself, and thankfully digital pictures can be salvaged from real trash. I too would like to thank all the guys who share their knowledge and experience with us Bozo's out here in cyberdom.

Wildcard:
.... I have to say I sucked very much badly.

LOL....I still think this when seeing some of my pics!

well, like you, i am at least encouraged that my suck quotient has lessened,
though probalby not by much

still... hey.... it's something

:wink:

I cry every time I try to edit my photos from Thailand. I cannot aim a strobe.:shakehead

:D
Wildcard:
I just got home and was looking at a bunch of UW pics I took when I first got my camera a couple of years ago. I have to say I sucked very much badly.

hee hee. I think we all know that feeling wildcard.

the other day I came across this which apparently I regarded as a "keeper" at the time (yes that red blob is the oly housing lens cap):

167247928_b44e33a59b.jpg

In my defense the viz off Singapore is pretty bad but still.

Have you all noticed that you're opinion of a "good" underwater photo has changed slightly faster than your ability so that even though you're much better now you find more faults with your good pics than you used to with your bad ones? I put this down to the high quality of advice and pictures here and at digitaldiver

I think we must be really stuborn people to continue shooting after all our first UW pics...:huh:

Wildcard:
I just got home and was looking at a bunch of UW pics I took when I first got my camera a couple of years ago. I have to say I sucked very much badly. I look at the pics I take now compaired to then and clearly I have learned a thing or two. I still take a lot of bad ones but not like I used to. Now I have green water with most of the fish in it, not just green water where the fish used to be.
I have learned so much from this board, I just wanted to thank everyone who has offered tips and advice on how to improve my total lack of photographic skill.

yeah, sadly taking bad ones seems to be the key to taking good ones :) (well, not deliberatly taking bad ones but that seems to be the reality of it. Just a few good ones)

Back
Top Bottom