WOW..I can Breath!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dectek

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Never knew breathing was this good. Just got back from getting the stents removed after Septoplasty, spur removal, turbinectomy, and a D&C of the sinuses.

Breathing feels so good now that it is like comparing breathing a 1960's Healthways two hose regulator at 100 feet to a Sherwood Maximus srb-7600 in a pool.
EX #2: Trying to breath through a coffee stirer stuck in one nostril while blocking off the other.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw the packings come out. Who would imagine that they could shove so much stuff up there.

OHH Yeah.. Diving Forum
My doctor who also is a diver (Cool because the waiting room is full of dive mags)says minimum eight weeks for diving in my case. He says most people try to go back too soon and develop bleeds and in turn scar tissue. They should wait minimum 6 to 8 weeks after any Septoplasty or related surgery.
Sorry for the bablings but I am not allowed to do anything so I am bored and I wanted to shout from the mountain tops:
I CAN BREATH....I CAN BREATH....I CAN BREATH !!!!!
This post if for the searchability of "how long should I wait after surgery"

Had mine done in 2002. Didn't make a difference. Still can't breathe & have sinus problems:(
Gotta agree on the amount of packing they shove up there, felt like they were pulling my brains out thru my nose when they were taking it out:D

Just got my septum fixed this past Thur. Nov. 15. I'll be spending Thanksgiving with the stents up my nose. My ENT compared my septum to a pretzel. For some reason I didn't get any packing even though he was planning on it. I believe it was even worse then he thought. Glad to hear you're breathing better. I'll let you know how I make out in the near future.

Joe B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom