Wow, have you seen this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kudos to the woman behind the camera; according to the credits, she was freediving also.

If not a weighted thong, what did (or does) the freediver use for weights with this Cressi suit? Thanks to @diver257a for the suit link!

If not a weighted thong, what did (or does) the freediver use for weights with this Cressi suit? Thanks to @diver257a for the suit link!
I doubt he needed weights. Suit compression and forwards momentum are probably plenty enough to prevent him from popping to the surface. I was thinking what a tough experience the ice was in a 3.5mm suit. Someone that good will always make it seem easier than it really was.

At 2:40 it sort of looks as if may be wearing some weights underneath the suit. There's a bulge with a lead weight-ish outline on the back of his left hip.

Wow!!!!! That's a fantastic piece of film right there. Amazing editing! We all know that even short segments (like the Yonaguni Monument, Japan part) was filmed over many breaths, yet the editing and cuts are so well matched up....really amazing production. I wonder how long it took them to film at all of the locations and what it cost....:eek: LOL.

Thanks for sharing!

Anybody heard or know where the first dive segment was shot. The segement with the spectacular large flat and stepped stones. I think I read somewhere that these stones are of Mayan origin/Mexico..... but that’s the extent of what I’ve been able to find.... if true.

The ledges, or stepped stones as you put it, is Yonaguni Monument in Japan. Even today there is much speculation as to whether or not they are man made. Was it some lost civilization? Or was it a natural, one in a billion occurrence? The jury is still out.....

I know one thing... I would LOVE to dive on it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom