Would you still do the dive if...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im with officetoocean, reef sharks are awesome to see....and thousands of them sounds even better than one or two.

I would actually jump on the opportunity to dive with the sharks. I have done it once and would do it again.

Attachments

• IMAG0040crop.jpg
    IMAG0040crop.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 76
I would actually jump on the opportunity to dive with the sharks. I have done it once and would do it again.

I've been lucky enough to dive with Blue Sharks myself and they're far more beautiful in the flesh than any picture could ever make them look. That's a nice pic though! :cool2:

I've been lucky enough to dive with Blue Sharks myself and they're far more beautiful in the flesh than any picture could ever make them look. That's a nice pic though! :cool2:
They are definitely more beautiful in person than any picture. I went on this dive just for the sharks.

Again, I wouldn't worry about it. They are congregating along shallower waters than you will be diving. Even if the dive op took you to where the sharks were congregating-and I strongly doubt they will-swimming with sharks is only intimidating until you actually do it.

What's up with the dolphins? Man Reveals Intimate Romance With Dolphin

:vomit: Holy Cow no way!!!!!!

Of course!! In fact, when I read about it I was quite envious that I wasn't there. :D

That's a really pretty picture. :) I have actually seen 2 nurse caribbean reef sharks on 2 different dives. I just think I'd be nervous to jump in with thousands. :)

Jeni,

Sharks are common in FL waters. They are no need of concern. Reef sharks are not really that big or aggressive. Divers are just to big for them. Divers are about 9' long (you have to count the fins), have BCs & tanks which make them look bigger and they blow bubbles. They just are not the sort of thing a shark would see as a food item.

I rather doubt that you would even see a shark. If you see one, count yourself fortunate.

Very few people are killed by sharks and most of them are swimmers or surfers. I have heard of very few fatal attacks on divers (divers generally manage to find ways to kill themselves without the aid of sharks).

Also, you are far more likely to get killed driving to the marina to go on your dive than you are to be attacked by a shark. If someone is killed by a bad driver, it barely makes the back pages of the local newspaper. It happens ALL THE TIME. If someone accross the world manages to get killed by a shark by chumming blood in the water whilst diving, it makes the news round the world.

Pat

I'd be in there in a heart beat!

The way the sharp population is declining, I'd consider an experience like that something very special.

Hell yes! Sharks are cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom