Would you accept O2 without qualification?

Would you accept O2 from non qualified person?

• Yes

Votes: 127 96.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can tell you that as a firefighter/EMT. we are still taught to administer O² almost as an automatic response. The FEW contraindications would preclude you from diving anyway. As far as accepting it from non-certified personnel, absolutely.

String:
Amazingly thats what youre supposed to do ! Or make THEM place the O2 mask on their face and hold it.

Absolutely crazy.

This is a true statement, you have to ask for permission if they are consious.

FreeFloat:
Put it in a tattoo......

:rofl:

ShakaZulu:
This is a true statement, you have to ask for permission if they are consious.

Maybe if they refuse and you have a judge on board you can have an emergency commitment hearing?

Seabear70:
Maybe if they refuse and you have a judge on board you can have an emergency commitment hearing?

Nah, it's easy......just wait till they stop breathing. Then you administer rescue breaths with the oxygen, nice.

bwerb:
Well...if the person is currently on fire...it might be a bad idea to give them O2...

Sorry...it's been a strange day...:D

Here I was trying to think of a circumstance where administering O2 would be "contra-indicated" without result..........until I read your post. Soon I imagine this warning will appear on Emergency O2 bottles......"fully extinguish patient before initiating flow"

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
Here I was trying to think of a circumstance where administering O2 would be "contra-indicated" without result..........until I read your post. Soon I imagine this warning will appear on Emergency O2 bottles......"fully extinguish patient before initiating flow"

Tobin

Well, considering there's a sticker on a ladder I own that says "Do not place on frozen Manure" that warning may not be far fetched.

What a silly question. If I came out of the water and thought I was bent I would administer the O2 to myself since all that really involves is sucking on it. LOL

What would I need some one who was trained in O2 administration?

In fact when I surface I'm often already bresthing O2.

What if you were bent and in too much pain to do it for yourself, yet aware enough to realize what was happening?

miketsp:
...would you accept O2 from a non-qualified person if there was an O2 cylinder available?
...so yes - I'll just administer it to myself :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom