Worthington Tanks for Sale: two 80cf and two 119cf

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are moving away from the water so I have to sell some of my favourite gear--our steel scuba tanks:

For sale:
Two Worthington X7 Steel 80 tanks - asking $265 individually or $510 for both
Two Worthington X8 Steel 119 tanks - asking $325 individually or $615 for both

Asking $1100 for all four tanks

The tanks are located in Niceville, FL. I prefer not to ship these for now, so please don't ask for shipping quotes just yet...

Tanks are rated for fills up to 3442 PSI and have the DIN/K valves (will work on almost any recreational dive regulator).

Tanks are all nitrox ready and the VIP expires in July 2011. These tanks have always been extra rinsed after every dive and are in great shape! Each tank has approximately 50 or less dives and all are in great condition. The two 80cf tanks currently have 32% nitrox fills in them (YOU MUST reverify the blend at your local dive shop!). Original hydro dates were 09/2006 or 10/2006.

Here are the two reasons I loved these tanks and recommend them over aluminium tanks:
- Steel tanks are smaller & lighter than aluminium tanks of the same capacities (i.e. Steel 80 is 6.4" shorter and 3.4# lighter than the AL 80!)
- Steel tanks are more negatively buoyant than aluminium tanks--you can carry less weight (6-7#) in your BC or belt!

Check out this link for more specifications on these tanks: X-Series Steel SCUBA Tanks by Worthington Cylinders - Dive Gear Express

This is a perfect "His & Hers" set for diving in the waters of the Gulf Coast--it was for us! PM me if you are interested!

1115927164_sE9b5-L.jpg

1115927338_DuEpu-L.jpg

Last edited:
im interested in the 119 but where r u moving to r u goin south?

I am very interested in the 80's BUT I live in SoCal so that would require shipping them. The price you are asking is only 20 less than I can get them for new here (and your hydro date is coming up) so IF you get more desperate and want to make a deal then PM me. Out of respect for you, I won't make a low ball offer unless you want one. :wink: Hopefully someone in FL will pick them up soon.

Good luck with your move!

Scubadobadoo--Yeah, I really don't want to have to deal with shipping as we're in the middle of getting our house packed up during the weekends and work keeps me on the road quite a bit the rest of the time. Thanks for the message though!

OK - updated prices:

Two Worthington X7 Steel 80 tanks - asking $215 individually or $400 for both
Two Worthington X8 Steel 119 tanks - asking $275 individually or $525 for both

Or, I'll take $900 for all four tanks.

Thanks!

I understand. Thanks for the reply.

I recently moved from NYC to LA and now I am wishing I didn't sell my E7 80's because I could really use them now! Great little tanks for shore diving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom