Worthington or Pst ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver35

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking at buying a set of steel tanks (new) probably at least hp100's or bigger. But not sure whether to go with worthington's or pst. I have heard not so good things with pst in the past. I dove with lp95's by worthington until somebody figured they needed them more than me. So now i am undecided which company and tank size to go with. Usually use them as singles but want the ability to twin them.

Unless you know a shop that has some old PST's still new in the store, you wont get new PST's. Worthington is the only option.

Worthington...life time rust guarantee.

I would buy some PST lp104's, but that's about it. If you are looking for the exempt tanks (e series or x series) I think the Worthington's are much better. They have some extra material in the base of the tank that helps it trim out much better, especially w/ a ds. The larger e-series PSTs were notoriously head-heavy.

I've recently started using a set of double PST E8-130s recently and haven't had any trim issues (yet).

Double HP 100's would be a great set up. I mostly dive singles and have HP 100s and love it, as well as a two LP 95s. I really like the wrothington hp100's. Super lightweight.

I've recently started using a set of double PST E8-130s recently and haven't had any trim issues (yet).

But you are diving wet, no? A drysuit and undergarments will make that set-up head heavy for most folks, especially when compared to the x-series.

Unfortunately yes. However, anyone I've ever talked to about PST 130s, diving wet or dry, has never had trim issues. Usually head's down issues are more prevalent with 95s or 119s, whereas the 130s are longer and thus have more weight towards the rear to counteract any head's down issues. Remember that PST 130s are slightly taller than Worthington 130s. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom