Worst Diving Movies You've Ever Seen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This isn't so much a dive movie as marine sci-fi, but Deep Blue Sea was pretty bad. It's essentially about some great whites that were genetically altered to have a big brains and all the terrible things such creatures could do to some unsuspecting scientists. There are several dive and dive-related scenes in the movie, such as a discussion on the use of AGA masks and a scientist with an amputated arm who safely breathes pure oxygen at about 100 fsw.

And, of course, there's this awesome image from the movie that all of us guys wish we could emulate in real life:

deepBlueSea.gif

No wetsuit, bulging biceps, full-face mask, 9mm submachine gun -- don't we all want to have that underwater? If only he were diving doubles or a rebreather, he'd be perfect! :D

Oh, and LL Cool J is in it. 'Nuff said...

We're putting together an Internet review program and want to do a series of movies that involve or are about diving. What are the worst ones you've ever seen? PLEASE no arguing if somebody lists one you liked; we just want a bunch of titles to check out for ourslves.

Thanks!

How about the old favorite "Thunderball" ?

I liked it a lot when I was younger but now just laugh at seeing Ol' Sean Connery diving with a small gadget in his mouth that converts oxygen in water to air!!!

I rad somewhere that you can still go and dive the Vulcan bomber shown in the movie somewhere off the Bahamas.

Vimal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom