Worst Diving Movies You've Ever Seen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwashbur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're putting together an Internet review program and want to do a series of movies that involve or are about diving. What are the worst ones you've ever seen? PLEASE no arguing if somebody lists one you liked; we just want a bunch of titles to check out for ourslves.

Thanks!

openwater. I couldn't stop laughing.

yup. First one that came to mind.

Open Water sucked!

but considering how low budget it was to make (which was obvious), it grossed a fortune.

Don't forget Open Water 2, which sucked even worse.

Open Water is on the list, in fact it's a paragon of bad-dive-movie-ness. Another is The Cave. It could have been a great diving movie if not for the stupid monster angle.

Open Water 2 isn't really a scuba diving movie, it's a bunch of morons who jumped off a boat, realized they forgot to put the ladder down and couldn't get back on while a baby was left alone on board.

We need movies that specifically feature scuba diving to a fairly central degree, or at least in which scuba diving figures prominently.

Thanks! Keep 'em coming!

The Abyss.

A truly awful movie.

But great cautionary tale of what occurs when you stop providing CPR too early: your ex wife dies.

No one wants that to happen.

Into The Blue had so much potential, but it was 95% free diving...arrggh ! And of the 5% of the underwater movie action that was SCUBA, at least 50% of that was completely absurd !

Another vote for Open Water. When I brought it back to the rental store I walked up to the clerk, showed them the movie and said, "How could you let me walk out with this one!" Then I gave them specific instructions to NEVER let me rent anything that bad again! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom