Worries about ferry from Cebu to Southern Leyte in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I made it! I took the Cokaliong ferry Cebu-Maasin, and it was indeed very clean, new, and well-maintained! It wasn't full at all, actually. It was the Sunday day trip so maybe that is different. The weather was amazing, so no problem there. Southern Leyte is beautiful!!! Can't wait to go diving.

I have to say that people in the Philippines have been incredibly helpful--more helpful than anywhere else I've traveled which is quite a few places. People have been constantly coming up to me without my even asking and helping me find my way and how to behave properly, like squeeeeeze in! Lots of things would have taken me a lot longer or not happened at all without the help. You have a great country, Caimito.

The problem for the past week is that the last storm has meant visibility has not been too good.
Yesterday brought a lot of rain, but today is nice. Tell Peter I said Hello (My username will give him a hint as to true name}

Went diving today at Limsawa and the visibility was ok. I'm not good at estimating but maybe 15m? At least that. Tons of fish, sea snake, nudibranchs, trigger fish, other stuff I didn't know the names of! I will say hi to Peter for you!

Just wanted to report that we went out and saw a whale shark yesterday! So they are definitely here. They had a successful trip on Monday as well. Napantau was mind blowing to me. I only have about 30 dives and that was phenomenal. Love it here! I guess Peter is not here right now Caimito.

Just wanted to report that we went out and saw a whale shark yesterday! So they are definitely here. They had a successful trip on Monday as well. Napantau was mind blowing to me. I only have about 30 dives and that was phenomenal. Love it here! I guess Peter is not here right now Caimito.
The reward of diving in Southern Leyte really make the trip worthwhile.
Nanpantau is just mind blowing and I love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom