Worried about Tubbataha??.....???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hallboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A friend of mine dived Tubataha last year and told me that the boat was that close to not go for a lack of autorisation to cruise in Tubataha. SHe had ( her and all the others client ) to sign a form to " Charterize " the vessel and then be allowed to do the liveaboard in Tubataha. It seems that same thing happened for other boats too. As i intend to go that season; i would not like to come from Europe, just to explore the Puerto Princessa Pier. Would someone has a clue about that story?

hallboy:
A friend of mine dived Tubataha last year and told me that the boat was that close to not go for a lack of autorisation to cruise in Tubataha. SHe had ( her and all the others client ) to sign a form to " Charterize " the vessel and then be allowed to do the liveaboard in Tubataha. It seems that same thing happened for other boats too. As i intend to go that season; i would not like to come from Europe, just to explore the Puerto Princessa Pier. Would someone has a clue about that story?

simple! dont go with an unregistered dive charter. a lot of people are catching on about tubbattaha and a lot of people are trying to cash in on this. that is why they are so strict with dive charters to tubbattaha to prevent irresponsible charters from damaging the reef. that iswhy there are only a handful of charters approved to entire the tubbattaha marine sanctuary park. pm me if your interested i have a friend that owns one of the premiere livaboards in the P.I.

hallboy:

which boat is this?

Sorry , but i don't want to drop names in a public place: if i do and i'm wrong, anyone using googgle in the next years will get that and it could be absolutely wrong; it's why i would like to have the list of the registred boats ans see if "mine" is listed.... More than that, my friend could finally do the cruise to TUb. and everything went fine: good dives good food good boat good crew, fair price....

hallboy:
Sorry , but i don't want to drop names in a public place: if i do and i'm wrong, anyone using googgle in the next years will get that and it could be absolutely wrong; it's why i would like to have the list of the registred boats ans see if "mine" is listed.... More than that, my friend could finally do the cruise to TUb. and everything went fine: good dives good food good boat good crew, fair price....

can you drop me a pm instead???? thanks

No sorry, i will not: it seems that you are a professional diver; how would you feel if your name was beginning to run ( even through PM ) ??? It's why i would like someone to give me the name of registred boats: they cannot be hundreds.
PS i have send them an e-mail already and i'm waiting for an answer; but being in Europe i would feel more secure, if i have a second way to check that thing

hallboy:
No sorry, i will not: it seems that you are a professional diver; how would you feel if your name was beginning to run ( even through PM ) ??? It's why i would like someone to give me the name of registred boats: they cannot be hundreds.
PS i have send them an e-mail already and i'm waiting for an answer; but being in Europe i would feel more secure, if i have a second way to check that thing

Well, to tell you quite frankly, that's why I want to find out. I use to run a liveaboard and I'm still in touch with the other owners. So far I'm not aware of any of the regular dive boats being banned; though there are some private yatchs that have been prohibited from sailing to Tubbataha for various reasons.

In anycase you may contact the Tubbataha Management board at this email:tmo@tubbataha.org if you want to get it straight from them.

cheers....

Thank you, i just have send a mail to Tubbataha org. I hope it's just noise for nothing (a problem of translation, or something that has been cleared after last year.... ) in any case, i will keep you aware of whatever will happen.
Thanks again.

Could YOU send me a list ( by PM ) of names of vessel or dive centers that you are sure to be allowed to do that cruise?

Hi Hallboy,

I know that one of the authorised Tubbataha Dive tour operators is Expedition Fleet. i think they will have about 4 - 5 boats down there for the 2006 season.
check out their website at www.expeditionfleet.com

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom