Worldwide Christian Scuba Diver Organization

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Delighted in seeing this new venture, praise God. You may be interested to know we - that is a Christian group - is helping the folk in Malapascua.
We are currently looking into building materials for the poor and needy. I have enjoyed diving there in the past and look forward to continuing in the future. Thank you once again for starting this group!!

Capt. I didn't know this group or forum existed until today... That's awesome!

Hey LVW yes it's a good group and we are looking to start a chapter on South Florida very soon.

I believe, there's a huge analogy between SCUBA diving and spirituality. It's a great way to explain the duality of our body/spirit experience; our body needs a SCUBA system to experience what is underwater, our spirit needs a body to experience what is physical/Earthly. Our body should do right underwater, our spirit should do right on Earth. Entering the water, immersion within the water, and exiting the water can be used as a metaphor to Christian baptism; SCUBA can become deeply metaphysical pretty quick. Thanks, for allowing this forum, SB!

I am in that awkward position of being a Christian, yet often being ashamed, not of Christ, but of Christians. That is, too often, I see Christianity presented as though one has to think simplistically and legalistically in order to be a "real" one -- and when I ask a question that isn't satisfactorily answered by a pat answer or a memory verse, I am assumed to be an unbeliever. This has happened frequently enough, I understand where atheists are coming from, thinking we are backward and retrogressive.

It's cool that Scuba Board has made space for this group. I did notice it didn't take long for the, it's best left unsaid, to spout off their ignorance. I thank everyone so far for not buying into it.

Back
Top Bottom