World Record: Help Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amanda once bubbled...

Hay, I think that could work, but you'd have to flirt with every fish you happen to see, or if there is no fish in the swimming pool, then flirt with... whatever. You know how the audience is, as long as you flirt... (But if one of the fishes is already married, then that'll be better for Fox TV !!)

:D

Now that sounds like my kinda show! You mean I could actually get paid for flirting??? And I've been doing it for free on here?? :bonk:

DB,

"Imagine going to sleep on twin 120s ... then about 4 hours into the night you'd wake gasping for air."

Hard to imagine. He'd have to have poor air consumption. Less than 5 feet with 240 cu ft of air he'd have to have an RMV of .86 or more to empty those tanks in 4 hours. I've dived for 4 hours at 15 feet and used 108 cu ft and I wasn't asleep. They would last him a full 8 hours, not that I'd expect him to be able to sleep 8 hours at a time, with an RMV of .43 or less. If he's able to sleep 6 hours at a time, I'd be surprised, yet that only requires an RMV of .58 or better. That's not an unusual rate.

I just recieved an email from the gentleman in the United Kingdom who was doing the attempt on the same world record. This is the guy that we mentioned on the previous page of this post.

His goal was to do a total dive of thirteen days... From February 9th to the 22nd. I contacted his surface support to ask how things were happening.

The diver's name is "Peter," and he answered me back directly. Apparently, he is a Brit military soldier and has been called to the Gulf war. His attempt was forfeited.

I understood that days before he was to begin the dive, he recieved orders, and thus he never even began the dive.

Seems like a nice chap. :D He sounded really disappointed. I reminded him that we Americans recently lost the world land speed record to the Brits in the desert (my home is near there) after a long and gruelling match between the Americans and the Brits, literally on opposite sides of the same desert flat, working to be the first to break mach 1 on land. Sir Richard Noble managed to pop a shockwave. We couldn't.

Sounds like a friendly bit of competition might be brewin'... :D

He sounded disappointed that his attempt was canceled and he has no clue when the situation in the Gulf will allow him back to the attempt.

Awwwww... :mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom